Photographic Categories

Friday, January 04, 2008

My day job closes it’s offices during the holidays. So from December 23rd to January 2nd, I have absolutely nothing to do but lounge around……………..NOT!
For some reason, the holidays seemed busier than ever. Hosting two Christmas get-togethers, returning all the gifts, and then there were the chores and day job items. Yes, I said that the day job offices were closed, but that doesn’t mean much when you’re in the middle of a couple of large project in China and the Chinese don’t celebrate Christmas. I have enough experience to know that the best laid plans are subject to change.

Part of my holiday planning was to work on the proofs for my first book and to make headway on my second novel. Well, I didn’t get the proofs from my editor, so that left me with my 2nd novel. I planned on writing 5,000 words, which isn’t all that much, but I thought it would be a good goal to work toward.

Well, low and behold, I managed a little over 6,000 words, plus I have my mind set on the next two chapters. I would have loved to have churned out 10,000 words, but I’ll settle for 6,000.
Now for my new-year’s resolution. I plan to finish my 2nd novel by May 1st. That’s somewhat optomistic since A REASON FOR DYING is due to be released by April, but I’ll do my best to stick with it.

No comments: